Mike's musical career started at seven years old with piano lessons. However they were fairly short lived as he quickly realised that learning scales in Bb and boring classical pieces was not for him. Some years later he began drum lessons and it was around this time he met a school mate who played the guitar and very quickly realised that this was the instrument that he wanted to play. He managed to persuade his dad to buy him a second hand guitar for the princely sum of £3.00, which apparently his dad thought was rather expensive! However, some years later, thanks to a kindly, benevolent grandmother Mike bought a second hand Fender Stratocaster for the sum of eighty-five guineas (ask your parents!)and from then on, there was no turning back.

At seventeen, after being introduced to a singer guitarist who had recently moved into the area, Mike formed his first band, called "The Jeremiah Thing". To this day no one has ever been able to work out why or where this name came from, but the band recorded a demo, a copy of which was sent to Joe Meek (Telstar and Tornadoes fame) and this led to a trip to London to meet with Mr Meek, which resulted in the band leaving with a recording contract. As all the band members were under twenty one, they needed their parents to sign the contract. Unfortunately none of the other band members, or their parents were willing to sign, the only exception being Mikes parents who, to this day, Mike is convinced they saw as a chance to get rid of him!

Disillusioned with the bands lack of interest, Mike decided it was time to look for a new venture and was approached by some local musicians who were starting a band with the sole intention of turning professional. The new band, "Marshall Hammond" (where did they get these names from?!!) quickly became a very popular band in the south of England and at one time were managed by the brother of Petula Clark. Despite lots of promises the band didn't seem to be making any progress and so at the end of 1968 they attended an audition to play in Germany. They were offered a three month contract, which lead to an eighteen month stint playing in American bases and German clubs.

By mid-1970 the band broke up. Mike stayed in Germany and it was while having a drink with some friends in a bar that he was introduced to a saxophone player who was a member of an Irish show band playing at the local American army base. It turned out that they were looking for a guitarist, but when Mike was told that their repertoire included songs such as "Danny Boy" and "Ruby Don't Take Your Love To Town", he had doubts as to whether this was what he was looking for. However, when he was offered the job, the prospect of earning enough deutschmarks to buy something to eat and a beer, although probably the other way round, persuaded him to join.

At the end of 1970 the show band split and Mike returned to England where he joined a band backing Clem Curtis, the lead singer with the Foundations. He spent six months touring the northern clubs before the band finished.

Since then Mike has played in several bands around the south and since moving to the south west, has played in bands around Somerset and Bristol.

Turning up at a jam session night at a pub in Yeovil, Mike met Mike Miller and from that meeting," Nasty Habits" was born. Despite a few false starts, by October 2013 the line-up was complete and the band set about rehearsing and polishing their repertoire. They are rapidly becoming one of the most popular bands in the south west.

These days, as well as playing with Nasty Habits, Mike spends time writing and recording. He has recently had three of his songs published.

When will it all end?........Hopefully never!!